Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Binky's no more

We've been trying to ween the Binky from Bentley for a couple weeks now. He's just been able to have it for naps and at night while sleeping. Well last weekend Grandma Suzi had Bentley over night and she didn't know there was a Binky in the diaper bag so he went without it and he's been without it for almost a week. Hooray! I am very sad though, no binky means=big kid. Bentley's growing up way too fast for me and his binky was the last thing that connected him to being my sweet baby boy. Now he's still my baby boy but just a bit bigger. I think the whole no binky thing was harder on me than on him. Also, he's been sick this week and so he's been extra grumpy and I really wanted to give in and give it to him. Oh well, poor baby boy.

4 comments:

Young Family said...

Stay strong! Don't give in.

I enjoyed sitting with you at Stake Conference.

Tiana said...

Yay. no binkie thats great! Im glad Tripp was never a binkie baby i dont know how I would have gotten rid of it?

Becky said...

It is sad to give up that last baby thing. He's getting so big! It just occurred to me that you left me a message (I think I was still in the hospital), and I never called you back. Sorry! I've had postpartum brain. We haven't seen you guys for so long. We need to get together for dinner!

Stuff said...

That is great that he isn't missing it yet. Jones isn't really a binky kid, I had hoped he would be to soothe him, but no..... Bentley is such a cutie!