Monday, November 10, 2008

Every good thing must come to an end

This last week I was released from the Primary Presidency. I've been in primary now for over 4 years. 2 of those years I was in the presidency. Yesterday was my last day, it was awful. I'm really going to miss those kids. The Primary President invited us all over to her house on Saturday for dinner. Dinner was great and then we decided to play spoons. I must have grown up in a closet because I had never played before. It was so much fun, however, we did walk away with a few injuries. I think I punctured a blood vessel in my thumb, it was quite red and I had a blister. Adam walked away with a finger nail injury. Others had scratched up arms and very sore hands. My goodness we had such a fun time. I'm really going to miss being in primary each week and I'm going to miss the wonderful people I served with.

5 comments:

Bevtartly said...

I bet you will be called to the General Primary presidency now!

Young Family said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Primary so much.

As far as spoons I guess you were just little enough to miss out on it. When we had our reunion in Oregon (I'm guessing you were 7) we played it almost every night. If you lost you had to get on the table and act like a donkey. I love that game! We should get together and play sometime. I haven't played in years.

Misty said...

It is a terribly sad day when you are released from Primary! I know how you feel. I hated being released as a teacher, both times. It is so easy to love those little ones!

Stuff said...

Spoons is awesome! We play it every year at our family reunion. My uncle Tony has a way of cheating that is unmatched.

Heather said...

Never played spoons?!!? That does seem unlikely if not impossible. :)

I just left the primay, too. I know how you feel, those kids are so sweet.
Hope you're enjoying the holidays!