Friday, December 26, 2008

What a week

So last Wednesday I was in a car accident. Traffic had come to a stop and a lady behind me didn't. She said she just looked down at her phone for just one second. Nobody was hurt. Poor Bentley was asleep when we were hit and he stayed asleep until he heard my mom upset. Then He got pretty upset. My Mom actually ended up with bruises from the seatbelt. I felt really bad for the lady that hit us. She said she just got laid off that week and now she has totaled her car.
Well after arguing with the dumb insurance company for about 4 hours Thursday morning, they finally gave me a mid-sized car. I dropped my car off at the body shop and the rental car people picked me up. They took me to the rental car place to fill out the paper work and I realized I didn't have my license. So the poor kid took me back to the body shop and I searched my car. I still couldn't find it. I had to get a ride home so my sweet brother Tyler took me home. I felt so stupid and now I couldn't find my license. At this point I was in tears. I had spent all day fighting with the insurance company and trying to get this dumb rental car and now I couldn't even find my license I felt like I had lost my mind. I called Adam. Because He is such a sweet husband, he called the body shop and asked them to look through my car for my license. We called the police to ask if they had not given it back to me by accident. Finally 2 hours later the body shop called me and said they found it. This poor man stayed after work for 1/2 hour searching for my license. I was so grateful.
After this huge ordeal my Mom totaled her car on Monday. She was pretty banged up and bruised and she cut her lip open. She is home and healing and I hope she will be better soon.
With all of this chaos I've felt like I just lost a whole week. Nevertheless we did have a great Christmas.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Man, when it rains it pours! What an ordeal. Hope things have settled down now. Looks like you guys had a really fun Christmas!