Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Friday


Well Friday Adam decided He wanted some new suits so we got on the bus and went downtown to this little suit shop. They measured Adam and he picked out 2 suits, 2 shirts, 2 ties and a new pair of shoes.We got all of that for less than $250.00 amazing!!! After we picked out his suits we met up with another friend of Adams for lunch. It was the best lunch ever. We had this dish it was like a chicken kiev and it came with fresh fruit and soup and french fries. Yummy it was so good, especially because I was finally starting to feel a little better. So we caught up with Alba Yanene and then we caught the bus for our last and final attempt to go up to Monserrate. Monserrate is this beautiful cathedral at the top of this huge mountain. I think the elevation is about 10, 800 ft. Anywho, Yes we finally made it. It was amazing. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. We had to take a tram to the top of this lush green mountain. I think the best part was there were other americans, I could actually understand what they were saying (maybe my spanish was just getting really good). The view from Monserrate was just amazing, you could see the whole city. When we got to the top all of these huge clouds started to come towards us. It was so great. Well when we finished at Monserrate we had to go pick up Adams new suits and quickly finish up our shopping. We got to the suit shop and then it was starting to get dark and we were downtown. I started to get a little scared because it is really dangerous to be downtown at night, but we managed to get back to the bus ok and we went home and changed our clothes and then we went bowling. It was so fun! Adam drove to the bowling alley which was very scary. Not that Adam was driving it was that he was driving on the scary roads of Colombia. No worries, we did make it safe. The bowling alley had only 4 lanes and we had to keep score by hand. The ceiling was so short, the space between the top of Adam's head and the ceiling was maybe 10 inches. It was so great other than I had forgot to wear socks. (gross) I was so embarrased, but I made it through the night. We had some talcom powder and I took great precautions as to not get some weird foot disease and so far I haven't noticed anything abnormal. We had such a great time in Colombia. I just hated being away from Bentley for so long. I'm so thankful for the generosity of the Cely family. They were so sweet. They let us sleep in their comfortable bed, they fed us way too much food & they made sure we were always safe.

No comments: