
Yes that is a big gash in Bentley's forehead. Monday night I was sitting on the cedar chest in my bedroom and Bentley was trying to walk to me. Well he slipped on his blanket and hit his head on one of the handles on the chest. Yes we had 2 trips to the emergency room this week. I felt so sad for Bentley, if I had only caught him, he wouldn't have hit his head. Anyway, we walked into the Instacare and they brought a nurse out to the waiting room to get look at Bentley and get his forehead numb. All she did was put some lidocaine on a cotton ball and tape it to his forehead, but Bentley was pretty upset and He spit his binky out. The nurse then asked if I would like her to rinse off his Binky and I said yes, so while she was gone Bentley calmed down and was doing ok and then the nurse brought his binky back. My goodness, He started screaming as soon as he saw her and all 10 people waiting to see the Dr. thought that was the funniest thing they had ever seen. So after a long 1hr wait the Dr. was finally able to see Bentley. She said that the cut was clean enough to just glue together so he wouldn't need stitches. It took 4 nurses and the Dr. to perform this procedure. They had to swaddle him in a big sheet and then it took 2 nurses to hold him down, 1 nurse to assist the Dr. and 1 nurse to get all of the supplies that they needed.
2 comments:
The first gash of many, I'm sure. Boys have a way of finding many ways to connect their heads to various objects! :) Now he and Xander are twins!
How sad. Poor little guy is never going to like doctors.
Post a Comment