Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thursday


We made it to the Temple Thursday morning. We left the apartment Thursday morning and got a cab to take us to the Temple. Well, right as we got there I realized I had forgot my recommend. I had changed purses for our adventurous bus rides and I had left it in my wallet at the apartment. I almost started to cry, I was so looking forward to going to the Temple. Adam and Juan took another cab home and got my recommend and left me alone with Cristina. I was so scared to be without Adam because I can only understand a very little bit of Spanish. Well they were only gone for about 20 minutes. The Temple was absolutely beautiful. It was one of the only times that I felt like I was home. All of the Temple workers were so sweet and kind. I was used to people giggling and laughing at us because we had blond hair and blue eyes. In the Temple it was actually quiet. Bogota is such a big city you can always hear the motorcycles and buses driving down the street. Every morning we would wake up to the sound of the local propane truck ringing a bell at around 5 a.m. and every 1/2 hour after that, to let everyone know it would be in the area if they needed propane. If we didn't wake up to the truck we woke up the the neighborhood parrot squawking, and saying "I have a headache" (in Spanish of course). It was so nice to be surrounded by American ammedities in the Temple. (Mainly bathrooms that you didn't have to pay to use.) That is one wonderful thing about the gospel. It is the same wherever you go. After the Temple we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon back at the apartment, and then that evening we went shopping at the local mall - Sante Fe. This mall was huge. It had about 4 levels and it was just crammed with people. If you purchased anything and then attempted to go into another store the security guards would tape your bags shut before they let you into the new store. In the mall the prices were pretty similar to the prices you find in the US. We found the cutest little red shoes for Bentley and a little sweater. Oh so sweet.

No comments: