Tuesday we decided we would take a bus ride downtown on the Transmilenio (code name: Transmillenni-full) and do some shopping and try to go to the Museum of Gold and try to go to Monserrate. Well I have never been on a bus ride like this. We took a local bus from their neighborhood to the bus port or terminal I guess it was. All of the green buses that go to the port are free which I thought was pretty cool. Any who we got to the port and got our tickets and figured out which bus we needed to take and the fight was on. The fight I speak of was a fight for a seat or at least for some of your own personal space. In fact I will now give you some tips for riding on a bus in Colombia. If you need a purse take a small one with a zipper and hang on tight. If you can, get on the bus first and scramble for a seat. Most of all, know where you are going and don'

t get too distracted in a conversation to remember to get off at your stop. Well now that we all know what to do we made it downtown and did some shopping on our way to the Museum. We found the Museum b

ut, of course, it was closed due to the water

not working in the building. Ok no big deal, we will just try many of the other Museums in the area. No such luck. They were all closed because it was Tuesday. Hmm that's odd. Well by this time we were hungry so w

e decided to stop for lunch oh and a find a bathroom, preferably a restaurant with a bathroom. Yeah we were in luck. At the Cultural Arts Center downtown there was a restaurant with a bathroom. By this time I was in desperate need of the bano (due to the very very good food that my body was just not used to). We had a yummy (very different) hamburger for lunch and four hours later we were ready to go about the rest of our day. By the time we were done for lunch it was looking rainy up on Monserrate so attempt #1 failed. We took a fast walk through the city past the Plaza. I asked Lina what they do there and she said mostly protest. Occasionally they will have a concert there. I then asked what they protested and she said they protest whenever anyone gets abducted (that made me feel better). We got back on the bus and went home and had a lovely evening with the Cely family. By this time I was so homesick for my Bentley I couldn't help but start crying. I felt so stupid and embarrassed but the family was so nice. Juan (the dad) had to tell me about the first time they left Pilar. They were all so nice and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment